Saturday, May 7, 2011

Stepping Heavenward on Mother's Day

My favorite book is an excellent selection for Mother's Day.  My blog title even pays homage to it. It is Stepping Heavenward by Mrs. Elizabeth Prentiss. I will not go into great detail (I hope) about this particular selection except to say that at first glance you may think this book is simply for those in their teen years. That couldn't further from the truth.

This volume, although fictional, hints of being autobiographical. Maybe not! It traces Katy's life from 16 years old until she is an old woman with every stage of life addressed. Much of it speaks of her struggles with her ability to mother her own children with patience and consistency. Her own mother plays a big part in the story.

I want to do a thorough review at a later time. Suffice it to say. If you've never read this, you absolutely must. It is a treasure. Written over a hundred years ago, it still speaks to us today.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment