Saturday, May 14, 2011

Favorite Quotations about Books

                                                   A few sayings that always make me smile...

"A room without books is like a body without a soul."  
Cicero

"It is a great thing to start life with a small number of really good books which are your very own." 
Sherlock Holmes

"The pleasure of all reading is doubled when one lives with another who shares the same books." 
Katherine Mansfield

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them." 
Mark Twain

"No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally (and often far more) worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond."
CS Lewis



I really love this one...

"When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes."
Desiderius Erasmus

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. My husband really loved the first quote by Cicero. We had not heard of a few of these sayings. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete