Saturday, March 26, 2011

Plain Wisdom

Plain Wisdom by Cindy Woodsmall and Miriam Flaud is the musings of an Englisher and a Plain woman on living and raising a family in light of God's truth. Although I am a Baptist by conviction, I've always had an affinity for the Amish lifestyle with the peace and tranquility that are so often missing in our lives today. 

Cindy writes in her book,
"Shortly after I accepted Christ, I felt so guilty I couldn't even enjoy praying. I kept rehashing every wrong deed I'd ever done. One day while wallowing in a melancholy state of guilt, I heard these words in my heart: What did I die for if not for sins?
"I'd heard this truth many times. But in that moment I saw the ridiculousness of lugging my guilt around. Christ was crucified for the very purpose of forgiving us and freeing us from sin and guilt. That revelation brought me great relief."

If we truly could grasp hold of that truth, what progress we would make in our lives for Christ. Truly letting go of the past, and living in gratefulness, and looking forward to the future that he has planned.

John 10:10
"I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

No comments:

Post a Comment